This refund and return policy is applicable to purchases made from gymdirect.com.au and in-store.
Refund Policy of Gym Direct (GD Wellness Pty Ltd)
This Refund Policy ("Policy") applies to the following purchases: purchases made through https://gymdirect.com.au/ as well as purchases made over the phone/in-store at Gym Direct located at 23-25 Mangrove Ln, Taren Point NSW 2229.
Orders placed on Ebay and/or Amazon are an exception to this policy and are not included under Gym Directs Refund Policy.
1.1. We offer refunds, repairs and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law and on the terms set out in this Refund Policy ("Policy").
1.2. Any benefits set out in this Policy may apply in addition to consumer's rights under the Australian Consumer Law.
1.3. Before making a purchase, please read this Policy so that you can understand your rights and what you can expect from us if you are not satisfied with your order.
2. AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW
2.1. Under the Australian Consumer Law:
- Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
- You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
2.2. We offer refunds, repairs, and replacements in accordance with the Australian Consumer Law.
2.3. The Australian Consumer Law provides a set of Consumer Guarantees which protect consumers when they buy products and services.
2.4. If the Australian Consumer Law applies, then we cannot avoid the Consumer Guarantees which it provides. If there is an inconsistency between this Policy and the Australian Consumer Law, the Australian Consumer Law will prevail.
2.5. Further information about the Australian Consumer Law and these Consumer Guarantees is available from the website of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission.
2.6. If a product or service which you purchased from us has a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may be entitled to a replacement or refund. You may also be entitled to compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage resulting from that major failure.
2.7. If a product or service which you purchased from us has a failure which does not amount to a major failure (as defined in the Australian Consumer Law) then you may still be entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced.
3. CANCELLATION AND 14 DAYS CHANGE OF MIND
3.1. Cancellation Prior to Dispatch:
In the event that you order the products or services you have purchased, as stated, but that you simply change your mind, prior to dispatch, we will offer you a refund or exchange on the purchase price of the product/s, provided that none of the following conditions apply:
- The item/order has not been dispatched
- No tracking details and/or dispatch notice has been sent to the customer
- The product/s is not a made-to-order or custom-produced item (whereby the product/s takes 14-16 weeks to custom create and build based on the buyer’s preferences)
A 5% restocking fee applies to all product/s, where the product/s was ordered and purchased as a PRE-ORDER item within an order (at the time the order was placed).
Made-to-order or custom-produced items are made under contract, as such we do not accept cancellations or change of mind decisions, on made-to-order product/s and/or custom-produced items. Please check specifications (surface area, colours, materials, dimensions etc.) carefully prior to purchase.
3.2. Cancellation After Dispatch:
In the event that you receive tracking details or receive the product/s or services you have purchased, as stated, but that you simply change your mind, the 14 Days Change of Mind Policy (outlined in section 3.3.) applies.
Made-to order or custom-produced items are made under contract, as such we do not accept cancellations or change of mind decisions, on made-to-order product/s and/or custom-produced items. Please check specifications (surface area, colours, materials, dimensions etc.) carefully prior to purchase.
3.3. 14 Days Change of Mind Policy:
After dispatch of your order, in the event that you receive the products or services you have purchased, as stated, but that you simply change your mind, after dispatch, we may, at our discretion, offer you a refund or exchange on the purchase price of the product/s, provided that all of the following conditions are met:
- You notify us within 14 days of receipt of dispatch date and/or order arrival date and organise a return authorisation prior to sending the goods back to Gym Direct.
- In the case of services, the services have not already been performed.
- The following conditions are satisfied and approved by Gym Direct Management:
- The product/s is not a pre-order labelled item.
- The product/s is not a made-to-order or custom-produced item (whereby the item takes 14-16 weeks to custom create and build based on the buyer’s preferences).
- The product/s are in new condition (have not been used).
- Product has not been used, installed or assembled.
- The product is in a resalable condition
- The product/s is not a gift card
- The product/s has not been damaged.
- The product/s are in the original packaging or suitably packaged to prevent transportation damage.
- The product/s has not been customised or altered at the request of the buyer.
- The product/s was not purchased during a sale/promotion.
- The product/s was not part of a special.
- The product was not an ex-display, discontinued, clearance, ex-clearance, or ex demo product.
- The product/s have been received by Gym Direct and are complete with all components in an undamaged condition and suitable for resale, before refund/exchange decision will be honoured.
- The customer provides full proof of purchase (bank statements excluded).
- The customer provides proof that they are the original purchaser.
As standard, a 10% restocking fee applies to all products, where the product/s were ordered and purchased as an IN-STOCK and/or PRE-ORDER item within an order (at the time the order was placed), where approved by Gym Direct Management. We may, at our discretion, charge less/more than 10% if any conditions of return are not met.
The product/s must be returned to Gym Direct at the buyer’s expense. Buyers are responsible for all return postage costs and charges. Gym Direct is not responsible for any lost or damage of goods while in transit from the buyer to the return address provided.
Freight, shipping and delivery expenses to and from the supplier are considered a separate service and will not be reimbursed. This change of mind policy is for the purchase price of the product indicated on the product line of your proof of purchase. If you received free freight/shipping/delivery on your initial purchase, you will be liable for the return cost.
Made-to-order or custom-produced items, are excluded from this 14 Day Change of Mind Policy as we do not accept change of mind on made-to-order product/s and custom-produced items.
4. PRODUCTS DAMAGED DURING DELIVERY
4.1. In the event that the product you ordered has been damaged during delivery:
- Please contact us as soon as possible.
- Any damaged product must be returned in the condition in which it was received, together with any packaging and other items which you received with the damaged product.
4.2. A photo or video must be provided to our warranty team to investigate cause of damage within 7 days of order delivery date. Relevant delivery arrival date documentation must be provided.
4.3. We will arrange to repair or collect the damaged product and replace it with an equivalent product, or to refund it, provided that you have contacted us within the following time from the date of the order delivery: 14 business days. Relevant delivery arrival date documentation must be provided.
5.1. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Policy, we may refuse to provide a repair, replacement or refund for a product or service purchased by you if:
- You misused the said product in a way which caused the problem.
- You knew or were made aware of the problem(s) with the product or service before you purchased it (ex-display, discontinued, clearance, ex-clearance, or ex demo items).
- You asked for a service to be done in a certain manner, or you asked for alterations to a product, against our advice, or you were unclear about what you wanted.
- Any other exceptions apply under the Australian Consumer Law.
6. SHIPPING COSTS FOR RETURNS
6.1. In the event that a product you have purchased fails to meet one or more Consumer Guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law, we shall bear any cost of shipping the said product (the "Returned Product") back to us, as well as any cost of shipping any replacement product to you.
6.2. If the Returned Product can easily be shipped or returned, then you are responsible for organising for the Returned Product to be returned to us. If the Returned Product is eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law) then we will reimburse you for the reasonable postage, shipping or transportation costs for the Returned Product.
6.3. If the Returned Product is too large, too heavy, or otherwise too difficult to be removed and returned by you, and is believed to be eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then we will organise for the postage, shipping, transportation or collection of the Returned Product, at our cost. Change of Mind Refunds is excluding from this.
6.4.In the event that we organise and pay for the inspection, postage, shipping, transportation or collection of a Returned Product, and it turns out not to be eligible for a repair, replacement or refund under the terms of this Policy (including under the Australian Consumer Law), then you will be required to pay the costs of any inspection, postage, shipping, transportation or collection of the Returned Product.
7. RESPONSE TIME
7.1. We aim to process any requests for repairs, replacements or refunds within 7-14 business days of return enquiry.
8. HOW TO RETURN PRODUCTS
8.1. You can contact us at the end of this Policy to discuss a return using the information.
8.2. Unless otherwise defined in our sole discretion, we shall pay all refunds in the same form as the original purchase or to the same account or credit card used to make the original purchase.
8.3. To be eligible for a refund, repair or replacement, you must provide proof of purchase.
8.4. You may be required to provide a government issued identification to qualify for a refund, repair or replacement.
8.5. If you are returning due to cancellation or “change of mind” please ensure your item/products meets terms and conditions stated in Section 3. of this Policy, “Cancellation and 14 Days Change of Mind”.
9. CONTACT US
9.1. If you wish to speak to us about this Policy or about any refund, repairs or replacements, please contact us at: email@example.com or call our team directly during business hours on 1300 488 866